Thursday 18 April 2013

Starting Out

Hi, I am just starting out with blogging and my aim is to chronicle the photo shoots that I do so that I can learn and pass on my experiences to other like minded people.

I have been into photography in one form or another since I was a child, but I only bought my first SLR camera back in 1997.  I am a Canon man, although this is not because I favour it over the Nikon or any other brand but that I have started with Canon and it would be far too expensive to give up my equipment now and change.  I have an EOS D50 and a range of lenses and other equipment.

Until recently I liked to avoid the use of flash, although I have had a Speedlite 550EX for some time, it has sat shamefully in the cupboard for most of the time that I have owned it.  That all changed when I attended a course at First Point Photography in Bournemouth.  Here I have learned how to use flash, both studio and on camera outdoors.  I quickly bought a light meter, which I now use all the time and a set of studio lighting.  I went a bit mad but then the possibilities are vast when you have the toys to play with.

I have to complete two portfolios for my course and so most of this blog will be about that to start with.  I do work full time too so keeping this up and doing the photography is quite a demand so here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment